Best Golf Balls for High Handicappers 2018
You are a handicapper and here for a reason! You need the best golf balls to suit your skill level. Back in the days, there was no doubt, which shot you were going to play – the free one. Golfers used to say, “Spend the money on lessons instead.”
Our question to you is, “What are you looking for?” Maybe you want maximum distance, a straighter shot, or the best spin & feel. Good for you in searching for more information on finding the one piece of equipment that’s crucial on every shot.
Our task is to help you play better, faster, and simpler for less money. Stay a bit longer and read which balls are best suited for your game.
- 1 Comparison of top Golf Balls for High Handicappers 2018
- 2 What is The Best Golf Ball for High Handicappers?
- 3 More Golf Balls loved by High Handicappers
- 4 How to Choose the Right Golf Ball for a High Handicapper
- 5 What is considered a high handicap in golf?
- 6 What is a good golf handicap for a beginner?
- 7 Final Verdict
Comparison of top Golf Balls for High Handicappers 2018
So, let’s have a look on –
What is The Best Golf Ball for High Handicappers?
Choosing golfing equipment the professional players use can lead to poor performance. You need to pick a brand that matches your skill level. There are three categories of golf balls: the two-piece construction, tour level, and the advanced two/three piece.
As a rule, high handicap golf balls have a durable cover with minimum compression to cover a long distance. Your spin will also be less. Personally, we recommend the two-piece. However, there is not anything wrong in selecting the three-piece. The reason, if you are a high handicapper, the chance is your swing speeds not much. With these balls, you can hit a long distance.
Here are our picks to help lessen the confusion:
Titleist DT Trusoft Golf Ball Review
The DT Trusoft from Titleist is suitable for mid to high handicap players. You get an extremely low density with the soft cover in it, and the spin rate is manageable off the tee. Furthermore, the low compression and yielding cover offer you a superb feel. When you use it with short irons, you note a bouncy consistency of the exterior telling you the balls softer. You will be surprised at the feel when it bounces off the clubface as pleasant, and when used with wedges it feels amazingly soft.
Features and Benefits
- The DT Trusoft has a dimple pattern. The design allows you to enhance the distance of your shot and gives you a consistent ball flight.
- The golf ball has a unique fast low compression core and is one of the softest centers With the fantastic design, you get a flat spin when making long game shots to achieve great distance.
- The cover system comprises of pure ionomer. With the soft cover, it presents you with a soft feel and consistent short game playability.
The Titleist DT Trust will offer you a long and accurate, penetrating ball flight. What’s more, it has a smooth feel and fantastic sound off the putter face and gives you a better control around the greens.
Titleist 2018 Velocity Golf Ball Review
Here we have another great option from Titleist, the Velocity golf ball. For the handicap player, this ball promises long distance. If you want downrange peak trajectory, you can also use these balls. Furthermore, you get a nice feeling in the irons when using it. The ball is firm and booms of the tea with your long irons in hand. The ball flight is high, so you can quickly get it stop on the greens.
Features and Benefits
- The golf ball has a two-piece design, made for slower swingers, and has a hard construction. Therefore, you need to be prepared to hit some high-pitched strikes with an extra long rollout for distance.
- For maximum velocity, the golf ball comprises LSX core technology with a tetrahedral dimple structure to achieve this. You will get consistent ball flight with minimal spin on your driver shots to keep things nice and straight.
Are you, a high handicap golf player that needs a straighter flight with the distance the Velocity will not disappoint you? Overall, the ball is a fairway and green finder. You will love using the ball with an FW, hybrids, driver, and irons when making a tee shot. In addition, if you are a mid-handicapper, even you will benefit if you are struggling to hit off the fairways and greens.
Callaway SuperSoft Golf Ball Review
A new addition to the Callaway line is the 2017 Supersoft golf ball. The balls designed for handicappers with a slower swing speed to help hit a straight. This golf ball only flies straight and is one of the Callaway’s softest balls in their collection. They have improved the design with a tri-ionomer cover, and you can quickly make distance shots with it. To help lessen drag the Hex aerodynamic technology gives you a lift during the playoff.
Features and Benefits
- Designed with premium HEX Aerodynamics and the surface are more refined and contoured. With this fantastic technology, it helps reduce drag to provide you a lift with longer carry and distance.
- They improved the core for one good reason to promote a faster ball speed. You can now hit the ball with a straighter flight when using full shots.
- Even the covers improved with Tri-ionomer. The material is durable and gives you a better greenside control.
- The price point is even better, and you can buy it in a box of dozen golf balls.
For the ultimate recipe offering you the span of the tee, you can benefit using the 2017 Callaway Supersoft Golf Balls. With the two-piece design and low-compression core, it offers you an impressive play on the greens. Furthermore, the new cover provides a soft feel for an increased spin on shots.
TaylorMade AeroBurner-Pro Golf Ball Review
First impressions count, and the AeroBurner-Pro impresses you with its design. For long distance shots, this is one of the best golf balls to use. TaylorMade has packed it with technology to keep it flying flat for a longer time to land closer to the hole. The three-piece ball blasts off and journeys flat-out and far. You can receive added distance with accurate ball flight no matter what handicapper you are.
Features and Benefits
- The golf balls design with a high-energy “React” core to keep energy stored and releases it when needed. The core design offers you the best speed.
- The spin mantle you find in the middle layer and comprises an Iothane cover. You get a better greenside spin control out the rough and sand.
- Another highlighted trait is the 342 high-lift low-drag dimple pattern. With the unique attribute, you get a fantastic hang-time.
If you need higher ball speeds and just want to lash, it out the AeroBurner Pro is a fantastic option. You will get accurate, long, and straight shots out on the course. The spin rate will leave you excited, as it still feels soft.
Callaway Warbird Golf Ball Review
Do you have a tight budget and tight on cash? The Warbird from Callaway is the best golf ball for distance and money spent. You get more ball speeds with the sizeable soft core and leads to an increased range. The uniqueness is the HEX Aerodynamics technology employed by NASA aeronautical engineers. The technology creates a perfect lift when used with lower ball speeds.
Features and Benefits
- The Callaway 2017 Warbird has a two-piece design with high-energy core available in white and yellow colors. With the structure, you can achieve maximum flight and distance.
- The fantastic HEX Aerodynamic construction is superlative. Once you hit the ball, you will get a reduced drag to help promote a high launch and speed leading to hang-time and distance.
- The core is highly compressible and massive. You can get your potential distance when using any swing.
- The covers made of high-sensory ionomer that works with the core. Together these two traits give you a satisfying feel of every club used.
For a high flight and improved speed, the Warbird from Callaway will not leave you disappointed. Whether you are a beginner or a high handicapper that needs to work on your long distance shots, this is the best golf ball for distance off the tee.
More Golf Balls loved by High Handicappers
- Titleist NXT Tour Golf Balls
- TaylorMade Burner TP
How to Choose the Right Golf Ball for a High Handicapper
Did you know that not too long ago golfers were using the same ball and layer technology to play a round of golf? Yes, they did, but things have changed as manufacturer added more layers that affect the speed of the ball to increase distance.
As a high handicapper, you might need a different ball than your golfing partner playing in the same league. Maybe you only want to get a couple of more yards off the tee and need maximum distance. Perhaps you need to make straighter shots, or you already have duration but need spin & feel.
The truth is there is ball designed for your handicap. If you want to choose the best golf ball pick the correct layer on the ball:
- One-Piece Golf Ball – You usually find these on driving ranges and mostly used as practice balls. They are not that durable, and the performance is not the best due to the flight restriction as it only has one layer.
- Two-Piece Golf Ball – If you need distance with less spin these are the balls to have. Your range will improve, but you will have less control.
- Three-Piece Golf Ball – Do you need more spin and control over the ball? To upgrade from the two-piece to the three-piece, you will quickly notice the difference.
- Four-Piece Golf Ball – The balls are more versatile to use and depend on the shot you play. Using your driver, you can get fantastic distance with more spin and control.
- Five-Piece Golf Ball – This innovation found in recent years developed by TaylorMade. For the highest performance offering you max distance, and power these balls are outstanding. However, you need to remember it all depends on the shot you take and the swing speed you use.
What is considered a high handicap in golf?
The term “Handicap,” you hear throughout many golf games. However, do you know what it means?
The handicap is a mathematical calculation of your on-course ability. The lower your handicap, the better you are at playing golf. If you have a 2-handicap, golfers considered you better than your golfing partner with a 12-handicap.
What the golf professionals do is compile your recent golfing scores and compares it to the score of the hard courses you played. For example, if you shoot 90 on a golf course rated 72 you have an 18 handicap.
Just for interest sake, the United States Golf Association established the system in 1911. Furthermore, the highest allowed handicap is 36 for men and 40 for women according to the USGA. If you have a golf handicap above 20, you are a high handicapper.
What is a good golf handicap for a beginner?
Are you a beginner at golf and concerned about your golf handicap? The most significant advice we can give you is to start working on the green back to the tee. You need to learn to putt, chip, and pitch around the green. Then you need to hit with your irons from 100 yards going over to the driver. The truth is you do not need to be excellent but at least proficient.
Once you have mastered the basics, you can work out your golf handicap to determine your progress. Now you can start improving in the areas you lack the skills in building a high handicap. To get back to the question, is there a good golf handicap for a beginner depends.
Sometimes a golf player with an 18 handicap is a “bogey golfer.” All this means is you average a bogey or a shot above par, per hole. If your handicap is above 18, you have a high handicap. Therefore, if you currently have a five handicap you are a category one player, and there is nothing to be ashamed.
With practice, you will soon categorize as a 10-handicap and skilled at what you do to excel above the 18-handicap mark.
We know how confusing it can be to pick the right golf ball for your game. You face loads of different brands and tough to tell the one apart from another. You need one fit for your handicap. Maybe a friend said, “You need to play with what the pros play.” WRONG advice.
Whatever persuade you to make a decision when buying yourself the best golf balls for high handicappers – the essential things to be well informed?
Not only will the five top golf balls help you improve but also might just save your game. Once you have the brand to play with, stockpile and hide them away. The problem once you have the right one it ceases to exist, and you lose out.
We hope that all these golf balls turn your game into the best on the golf course. No matter which brand you decide to choose, Callaway, TaylorMade, or Titleist it is made for the high handicapper with different needs.
Take your pick today and become a pro at what you do best playing golf.
Also read : Top Rated Push Carts Reviews