Buying a Putter
When buying a new putter, it’s important to consider your preferences. You may be looking for a putter that has a Toe hang, a Face-balanced, a Counter-balanced, or a High MOI. Those features are important for your game, so be sure to research these putters before you make the final purchase. This guide will help you decide which putter best suits your game and preferences.
The Best Putters
- HIGH MOI DESIGN - For added forgiveness
- PLUMBER’S NECK HOSEL - Offset hosel to ensure hands ahead of the putter
- SOFT TPU FACE INSERT - For added feel at impact
- CONTRASTING BI-COLOR SIGHTLINE - For improved alignment
- FREE HEADCOVER - Included with putter
- Mallet style putters
- New larger diameter grip size
- Multiple density areas in the Micro injection face insert
- The soft feel grip is designed exclusively for Wilson
- HIGH MOI DESIGN - The RS-X Series M200 Putter is a mallet putter for men with increased perimeter weighting and a unique alignment feature to increase performance even on off-center shots.
- SOFT, GROOVED FACE INSERT - Provides a consistent roll, added feel and a muted sound at impact.
- HEEL SHAFTED PUTTER - The Plumber’s neck offset hosel ensures your hands are ahead of the putter at impact.
- LINE UP SQUARE UP TO YOUR TARGET - Frame the golf ball toward the hole with the contrasting red square alignment feature with white alignment lines against the black putter body.
- SPECS: 35” putter length, right-handed, PowerBilt Custom Putter Grip, Headcover sold separately
- GS1 TOUR PUTTER: Putt like the Pros with the classically designed GS1 Blade Putter; Designed for right handed golfers of all abilities
- PREMIUM LOOK AND FEEL: Looks and plays like putters 10x the cost; Features a stainless steel head with a milled face for optimal contact and roll off the face
- FAT GRIP: 1.3 in diameter textured fat grip for the ultimate feel and accuracy on the greens; Fat grips are increasingly popular as they minimize hand rotation and increase stroke consistency
- PREMIUM COVER: Includes padded cover to protect the putter and other clubs from damage
- DESIGNED BY GOLFERS: Designed and tested in California; Made for golfers, by golfers
- TIMELESS TWO WAY GOLF PUTTER DESIGN：The THIODOON golf putter adopts 2-way cast iron putter designed, It Can Meet the practice needs of different groups of people, suitable for any golfer, whether you are right-handed, left-handed, advanced or beginner, using this two-way golf putters can play your best level.
- ADJUSTABLE SHAFT FOR ALL AGES:This golf putter adopts an adjustable shaft design for easy placement and storage. You can adjust the shaft length to 21-37 inches (53-93cm) according to your needs. It is suitable for people of all ages, including children and teenagers and adults.
- RUGGED AND DURABLE HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL：This golf putter adopts high-quality aluminum alloy custom shaft, which has higher hardness, corrosion resistance, solid feel and more durable. The scientific non-slip texture design of the rubber grip makes it more comfortable to hold. The silicone wrap design of the putter head provides more protection, This golf putter can withstand the daily training and practice of outdoor or indoor putting greens and the harsh tests of physical education classes.
- EASY AND PORTABLE & PRACTICE GOLF ANYWHERE：This golf putter can be adjusted in length, It is light and portable (only weighs about 0.8LB), and can be easily put into a golf bag. You can use this golf putter to practice golf putting in the office, home, balcony, backyard, garage and outdoors to improve your golf skills, reduce work pressure or teach your children to practice putting, and enjoy family happy time in the backyard.
- UNIQUE AND INTERESTING GIFT IDEAS: This golf putter is the perfect gift for Christmas, birthday, New Year and any other occasions. Suitable for all golfers, it is a good choice for children, teenagers, adults, male and female golfers to experience the fun of golf.
Toe hang putters
Choosing between face balanced and toe hang putters is a personal decision. Depending on your putting stroke, a face-balanced putter can help you get a higher ball flight. A toe hang putter, on the other hand, is better suited for golfers with a moderate to strong arc. The toe hang putter is harder to use with a straight back and through the stroke.
If you’re buying a new putter, you may want to consider face-balanced models. These putters encourage a more straight-through putting stroke than arced putters. They look like a mallet with a double bend shaft, but the idea isn’t original – face-balanced putters were developed by Dave Pelz, a legendary golf instructor.
When you are in the market for a new putter, consider counterbalanced models. They have several benefits and have been found to make putting easier for golfers. One benefit is that the putter is longer, and the extra length makes it easier to line up the ball at target lines. Another benefit is the stability and smooth motion they provide. Some counterbalanced putters also have adjustable weights in the grip for a more comfortable fit.
High MOI putters
One thing to look for when buying a new putter is the MOI (moment of inertia). Higher MOI putters can narrow the dispersion of your putts and reduce twisting, which can result from off-center hits. To test this, hit a ball in the center of your target area. The center ball will go the furthest, while the left and right balls will be shorter. High MOI putters will narrow the difference between a center hit and an off-center one, thus improving your putting consistency.
Metal faced putters
Whether you are looking for a traditional steel face, a grooved putter, or a hybrid putter, there are many factors to consider. Metal-faced putters produce a louder sound and are often easier to feel the connection on a ball. Metal putters are sometimes designed with milling to improve performance by reducing the amount of material that comes into contact with the ball. However, these putters are not as soft as insert putters.
Soft face inserts
When you’re shopping for a new putter, you may want to consider adding a soft face insert. The insert allows players to use a firm cover ball, yet still have a soft feel. Another recent development is the use of grooves on the putter face. These inserts allow players to adjust the weight of their putter to match their preferred putting style. They can also be useful for golfers who are looking to reduce the amount of twisting that occurs during a round.
Proper putting posture
There are a few things you can do to improve your putting posture and improve your stroke. One of the most important things is to bend your hips slightly while you’re putting and keep your hands hanging down naturally. Then, when you swing the putter, it will swing on an arc. Then, you’ll be able to see the intended line better.
Choosing a high MOI putter
Using a putter with a high MOI is a great way to make more putts. It can prevent twisting from off-center hits and help players keep the faces square on their mishits. High MOI putters also tend to be heavier, which makes them better for higher handicappers. A good fitter can help you choose a putter with the right shape for your stroke. There are hundreds of different putter models available.